The future of work is unmistakably hybrid, as revealed by a recent McKinsey survey, where a staggering 9 out of 10 companies have recognized the immense value in blending remote and on-site work. Each mode of work comes with its unique set of advantages and challenges, and the key to harnessing the true power of hybrid work lies in crafting a well-thought-out strategy.
At ASEAMETRICS, we’ve been diligently piloting Hybrid Work Strategies that have shown promising results! In the following two weeks, I’m excited to share our discoveries with all of you. 🤝 Your insights, experiences, and feedback as leaders will be invaluable in shaping this innovative approach to work.
🎯 Strategy 1: Getting Started – Understanding Your Team
To successfully implement Hybrid Work, the first crucial step is to gain a profound understanding of your employees’ needs and preferences. We encourage you to engage your team members and open a constructive dialogue. Ask them about what’s working seamlessly, what challenges they face, and what methods are proving most effective for them.
By actively involving your employees in this process, you’ll not only demonstrate that their input is highly valued but also pave the way for a more collaborative and productive work environment. Remember, success in Hybrid Work hinges on our ability to build a strategy that prioritizes the well-being and efficiency of our most valuable asset – our people.
Ask questions like:
- Describe the work you do that can be done independently.
- Describe the work you do that is better when we work together.
- What happens when we are in person together that doesn’t when we work from home?
- Describe the times when our team works best with other teams.
- Describe the times when you feel connected to our team’s culture.
- How do we build some predictability in our work schedules so in-person time is maximized?
- Describe the times when we have created exceptional value for our customers.
Stay tuned for more insightful strategies in the coming weeks, and don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and experiences! Let’s shape the future of work together!
Liza Manalo-Mapagu, ASEAMETRICS