Artificial Intelligence (AI) has taken the tech industry by the storm, with AI chatbots like ChatGPT and Google Bard leading the charge as the vanguard of this futuristic marvel. As AI-driven solutions continue to develop rapidly, it’s natural to question how these technologies will affect the future of work.
Research states that 27% of employees are anxious about the potential threat of artificial intelligence rendering their jobs obsolete within the next five years. Many are asking the question “ Will AI take over jobs?”
Understanding AI and Its Impact on the Job Market
Did you know that according to a World Economic Forum report, automation will replace 85 million jobs globally by 2025? With the rise of AI, reskilling is becoming increasingly important to ensure job security and career growth.
The key to embracing the future of work lies in prioritizing employee reskilling and maintaining a balance with the ever-changing technological advancements. So, let’s explore how learning and development teams can navigate this exciting and rapidly changing landscape.
AI can display intelligence and the ability to perceive, synthesize, and infer information. It is transforming businesses, industries, and jobs globally. 63% of business leaders believe that AI is critical for their company’s success, and this percentage is projected to increase to 81% in the next two years.
This technology has transformed the workplace and given businesses increased operational efficiency and better decision-making support. 71% of employees feel that AI has already affected their job roles and necessary skills in their organization, and 82% are sure that it will cause significant changes to job responsibilities and abilities over the next three years.
While it’s true that AI may replace some jobs, it’s important to remember that it will also create new ones. For example, AI will likely create more jobs in data analysis, software development, and AI engineering. AI automates repetitive and mundane tasks, allowing employees to focus on more strategic work.
Thus to prepare for the impact of AI on the job market, it’s essential to develop skills that are difficult to automate. These include critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, emotional intelligence, and social skills. Learning to work alongside AI and leveraging its capabilities to improve your work can also be beneficial.
Why L&D Leaders Must Invest in Reskilling to Create a Future-ready Workforce
The rapidly advancing field of AI has created a pressing need for learning and development (L&D) teams to prioritize investment in reskilling initiatives to ensure they are equipped for future demands and aligned with organizational goals. It’s essential to focus not just on job displacement but how AI is creating new job opportunities and how you can leverage it to enhance job roles & improve the workforce’s productivity.
Employees need to reskill and learn new skills in-demand in the AI-driven job market. L&D teams play a vital role in identifying these skills gaps and providing training and development programs to upskill employees. By doing so, organizations can create a future-ready workforce equipped to work alongside AI and take advantage of its capabilities.
To achieve the reskilling objectives, learning and development teams can leverage AI-powered enterprise learning platforms like Disprz LXP for employee training. These platforms can offer personalized training content based on individual learning needs and preferences. Below are the benefits L&D teams can reap by using AI-powered learning platforms:
- Personalized Learning: AI has the potential to personalize the learning content by recommending relevant training materials for every employee by analyzing learners’ activity, progress, interests, and challenges.
- Adaptive Learning: AI-powered learning platforms can track learners’ progress and adapt the learning experience to their needs. This means that learners can move at their own pace and receive the right level of challenge to keep them engaged and motivated.
- Improved Learning Outcomes: Analyzing employee performance data can help identify improvement areas and recommend relevant training programs, leading to improved learning outcomes.
- Flexibility : It offers flexibility to organizations to train their employees efficiently without being restricted by their physical location or work schedules.
- In-depth Analytics: It provides real-time analytics and insights into learners’ progress and performance with valuable data, like whether learners engage with the training, helping teams to identify and address any issues early on.
- Improved Employee Retention: The flexibility and convenience of online training can increase employee engagement and motivation, leading to higher retention rates and improved learning outcomes.
- Cost Efficient : By automating certain aspects of the training process, such as content creation and delivery, AI-powered platforms can reduce training costs and increase efficiency.
Learning and development teams can use AI-powered platforms to enhance employees’ skills and knowledge, improving job performance and satisfaction.
The rapid growth of AI has the potential to reshape the job market, making it critical to embrace the opportunities that come with it. With reskilling and skilling, you can help employees to remain relevant in their industry.
Rather than fearing the rising tide of AI technology, use it to your advantage by adopting a learning experience platform that leverages the power of AI. A cutting-edge learning experience platform like Disprz LXP is AI-powered, keeping the workforce competitive and ahead of the curve. Disprz LXP is a powerful tool for organizations to provide personalized, engaging, and effective training that helps their workforce. With the help of its mobile learning application, employees can enhance their knowledge and acquire new skills that enable them to navigate the changing industry landscape and advance their careers.
The platform also provides insights into employee progress and assessments to gauge their knowledge level, allowing for targeted training and development.
Disprz LXP is particularly useful for:
- Onboarding and training new employees and providing training on new tools and products
- It also enables the L&D teams to assign mandatory courses to employees to develop the right job skills and stay up-to-date with product changes.
By leveraging the power of AI driven learning suites organizations can create a more innovative, productive, and fulfilling workplace. Explore Disprz LXP and how it can help you achieve your reskilling goals!
Original Article: https://disprz.com/blog/will-ai-take-over-jobs/
Coreen Menezes, disprz